Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The 3 Day Diet

Looking up some diets to quickly lose some weight I found the 3 day diet. Which can be referred to the Marine Diet.

It states to quickly lose weight. Which basically from what I've read into is water weight. 

When I had my kidney infection I put on some weight. I know this was due to the drugs as I was barely eating during the infection. I was sick and in a lot of pain. 

I really wanted to lose this weight. And also a friend needed to lose 5 lbs. So together we started the 3 Day Diet. 

Day 1


Day 1 started off not so well. I hadn't gone to the store to get the things needed yet. I made chip beef gravy for breakfast. Because of this I skipped lunch just had 1 cracker and some carrots. The cracker lol was to make sure they weren't stale. For dinner followed it to the T, except I skipped the ice cream. I'm lactose intolerant and didn't want the ice cream. 

I weighed myself before dinner. 


Day 2

Day 2 I didn't truly wake up hungry. Normally I just have a cup of coffee. But I woke up and ate what was for breakfast. But ate a full banana. I also added in a cup of coffee with milk and sugar. I calorie counted the milk and sugar and it was only an additional 107 calories. Had lunch around two. I'm not a yoke person so skipped the yoke. 

Again weighed myself before dinner. 

Day 3

Day 3 again not a breakfast person. It was weird to have cheese for breakfast but it goes with the crackers. Again drank water all day. 

Overall
I'm not a water person. I tend to drink ginger ale. So it was hard for me to only drink water. But did become easier for me. 

I would like to add it is easier for me to eat less. So as the days pass and you decrease your calories it wasn't a problem for me. But due to my religion I fast certain days. So it wasn't a problem for me. I can tell you my friend who did this with me was cranky. But it comes down to mind over matter. 

When I was researching this I found this a great way to kick off a healthier lifestyle. It states to do this diet. Then eat normally for 4 days, then you can do it again. 

I don't recommend to go back to junk food eating. But watch what you eat. 

I decided to calorie count to lose weight by December. About 2lbs a week. If you exercise you can eat more to replace those calories you lost. 

Overall I lost 5 lbs and my friend lost almost 7lbs. 

I did change what I ate and how much I are after this quick diet. But I wanted to diet without exercising because some days I can't make it to the gym. And lately the weather had been raining and walks are out. 

Before anyone goes into a diet I will say it is mind over matter and you should talk to your doctor. I'm not a professional and can only tell you my experience. 

I did cheat on this diet. I had a cake pop the first night and a ginger ale. It was a hard day lol. I had the coffee the next morning with milk and sugar. But with calorie counting I knew it wouldn't be bad. I recommended to my friend apples. As apples have a low calorie count. But I stress in drinking water.  Don't go all day with just eating this. Eat as well. 

I will say over the weekend I did splurge a little. But didn't gain weight. I've been calorie counting ;) I've found that is the way to go. 

On the days I can hit the gym I eat more. I replace those calories that I lost. 

What I've found amazing is that an apple will fill me and the low calorie count it has. I've reduced the sugar in my coffee and that has lowered calories. 

It's a great start to a healthier life. 

No comments

Post a Comment

No spam comments will be approved