Thursday, February 27, 2014

Book Review: His Lady Mistress

The next book I am reviewing is actually a book I've had for a while. I've had this book on my Kindle and it was one of the books I first read ever so long ago when I first got the Kindle app.

His Lady Mistress is by Elizabeth Rolls and is from the Harlequin Historical series. It is a romance novel.

The book takes place in the 1800's in England.  Follows a young girl during the perils of her life after she has lost both her parents, and covers the death of her parents.  She first loses her mother, and then witnesses the lose of her father which leaves her an orphan.  She is sent to live with family who denies her existence and she ponders what her life would be like if she was whom she really was.

I recommend for anyone who likes a good romance novel to read this.  This book reminded me of the books I read when I was younger, the ones I would sneak from my mother (the good ol' Danielle Steele books). Perhaps that is why it is one of my favorites. I end up reading it once a year, so yes I've read it a lot.

Verity Scott is a young girl and at the age of 15 she loses both of her parents.  At her father's grave she is caught trying to visit it, in reality she is trying to lay down bulbs. By the act of her father taking his own life left her destitute. The one act of kindness she receives that night stays with her.

She is sent off to live with an Uncle.  Her Aunt treats her like a servant, changes her name, and she is mistreated.  The one act of kindness by the savior returns... does he remember her? Does he save her again? What will happen???

Read the book.

Okay I am on the fence on my reviews and not wanting to give too much away.

Do any of you read my reviews? Give me feedback please.



No comments

Post a Comment

No spam comments will be approved