Sunday, December 23, 2012

Is The Packing Done?

I finally have a break to sit down and blog. And as I scan the room I am surrounded by boxes.

Over the weekend we have been boxing up the small things. Those small things that didn't go in boxes last weekend. Those puzzled things you just don't know what to do with but you aren't ready to get rid of them. And of course there were some left over boxes from last weekend that haven't made the trip to storage.

Putting our things in storage is time consuming. It is also playing a game of Tetras. Maybe perhaps even Jenga sometimes. Balance here, balance there. I play a mean game of car/storage Tetras lol.

The end is in sight though. Sure sometimes it doesn't feel like it. Mr. Y keeps saying we are almost done but I highly doubt it.

But soon everything will be in storage or with us. And then comes the task of cleaning. Which is reserved for this weekend.

Soon we can say goodbye to moldy apartment. Goodbye to me being sick. Soon I can detox from the toxic mold and my asthma will slowly get better. And we can leave this place behind us.

We turn in our keys and then we are done. I'm glad we only had a 6 months lease, as it proved itself about 3 months in we made a bad decision. Lessons we have learned from, things that have made us grow. And surely, hopefully won't leave a bitter taste in our mouths for it if this would ever occur again.

I can't wait for February.

No comments

Post a Comment

No spam comments will be approved